A simple way to spice up your breakfast fry up.....turn it into a BACON BOWL.
It's so frickin simple, you'll be shocked. As with any recipe, you can really take it in any direction you want by changing up the fillings with things like - grilled tomatoes, rocket, scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, pudding etc.
Recipe: Bacon Bowls
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1-2 eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- Himalayan sea salt
- Anything else you might like: tomatoes, salmon etc
- Oven set to 180 degrees
- Baking tray lined with tin foil
- An oven proof cup or single muffin dish like this ----->
- Turn on oven and prepare a pot with some boiling water (for poached eggs)
- Turn the dish upside down onto the lined baking tray.
- Spray with low cal spray or just grease with a bit of butter/coconut oil
- Shape the bacon sliced around the cup. Pat it in quite tight so it's moulded to the cup.
- Bang it in the oven for about 10 mins
- In the meantime, the water should come to a boil and give you plenty of time to poach and egg or two. I make sure it's lightly boiling and drop the eggs in. Never bother with vinegar but that's just what works for me.
- Oven the avocado and mash it up with a fork in the cup. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper
Once bacon is cooked, remove from oven and let cool slightly. Be careful not to burn yourself. Use a knife to gently release the bacon from the mould.
Place your bowl onto the plate. Add avocado to the base, maybe some sliced tomatoes and an egg on top.